Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snowboarding @ Heavenly.




I went snowboarding last Saturday at Heavenly, another ski resort in Lake Tahoe. It's ranked #1 and has the most gorgeous view of all the resorts! Inches of fresh powder made for a smoother and more forgiving ride.

Nel, Linda & Me.

Hmmm... Maybe not.

The Board.

This is the board I rented this time. It's a 159cm state-of-the-art Rossignol Premier board! I decided to upsize to get more stability and speed. Boy is this board fasssssst!! It just pulls you straight down the slope! On my 2nd run I managed to set a new personal speed record again, beating the previous one by a considerable margin! However, the ending was not-so-glamorous. When I tried to stop... the next thing I knew I had my face buried in the snow, totally winded, lip bleeding, goggles and even mouth filled with powder!

Was it worth it? OH YEAH.

No comments: