Friday, February 29, 2008

Yosemite National Park.

After 2 past failed attempts, I finally made it to Yosemite National Park! I took a one-day bus tour there today; my final day in the Bay Area. Yosemite is home to some of the world's most majestic and awesome rock formations, including El Capitan, the world's largest monolith, which stands at 3000 feet tall! Other highlights include Yosemite Falls, the tallest waterfall in North America, and the groves of giant sequoia trees.





I had my lunch in the award-winning Ahwahnee Dining Room. The 34-foot-high beamed ceiling with large sugar pine trestles that complement the room’s granite pillars, floor-to-ceiling windows, chandeliers, linen tablecloths and beautiful china create a spectacular ambiance. Entrée: Sautéed Mountain Trout.

No comments: